Covid 19 Statement for Southport Weekender Festival 2020
We realise that every person attending Southport Weekender Festival in September will want to be assured that we have taken sufficient and suitable precautions to make the festival safe for attendees, staff and the local community. We have been consulting the relevant agencies and following government guidance to inform what those precautions should be.
Following is a list of some of the changes we have put in place to make the event as safe as possible for you.
- The capacity of the event has been reduced to enable more social distancing to be able to be maintained across the festival site.
- All relevant and achievable government and health advice will be put in place, based on the advice at the time of the event.
- Entrances and queue lanes to the event have been re-designed and extended to enable as much social distancing as possible.
- There will be more toilets for the audience size, spaced further apart with queue management that allows for social distancing.
- Hand washing and hand sanitisation stations with hand gel will be extensively available around the festival site.
- We recognise that the safest environment is open air and well ventilated spaces so we have introduced an outside stage, in place of the main arena, and removed the sides from the big tops.
- Bars, food stalls and other attractions will all adhere to Public Health best practice advice.
- Finally, if the event cannot take place because of a Covid related issue, all paid for tickets will be refunded in full* by the ticket companies (*including 60% or more of the booking fee). Any complimentary tickets will be transferable to the 2021 event.
What we need from you
- Everyone should show personal responsibility while attending the event. This includes staff and promoters. We will provide a more than adequate sized event space with additional measures for your safety, we ask that you do your part so that everyone can party safely.
- If you show any Covid type symptoms in the days leading to the event please do not attend. It will be massively disappointing for you but the safety of others must take priority.
- Face coverings are a condition of entry. Face coverings must be lowered during security searches if requested by Security staff. Body temperature readings may also be taken.
- Although we will provide facilities for hand washing and hand sanitisation, we recommend you bring your own hand sanitiser and other items such as gloves if they make you feel more comfortable. Please keep an eye on the event website before you attend, to familiarise yourself with both suggested and banned items.
- Please always respect other people at the event who may be either less or more cautious about social distancing than you are. Everybody has their own comfort zone for social distancing so we would appreciate everyone’s respect of others’.
- Please use either the hand wash stations or the alcohol hand gel stations all around the event site, before and after any transaction or using the facilities.
- Please comply with instructions from event staff about distancing, queuing and movement.
- If your behaviour is seen to be a risk to others, you will be removed from the event.
- There will be an information point on site where you can seek advice about any concern you have at the event.